ErgoEquip Pty Ltd ACN 154 795 570 and each of its related entities (together ErgoEquip, we, us, our) takes the privacy of all its customers, suppliers and website users very seriously. We take great care to protect your personal information.
Please note, our website and other content may contain links to third party websites. We are only responsible for the privacy practices and security of our site. We recommend that you check the privacy and security policies and procedures of each and every other website that you visit.
- WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The personal information we collect depends on the products and services that you use or apply for. We only collect personal information that is reasonably necessary for us to carry out the services that we offer to you, and to ensure that we comply with all laws in relation to the provision of goods and services to you.
Depending on the parts of our website you access and the products and services we provide to you, or that you express interest in, we will collect:
- your name;
- your email address, postal address and/or phone number;
- your employer or the details of the business or organisation that you represent;
- details about your use of our products, for example the frequency at which you order products;
- for products that you purchase from us, the name, email address and physical address of the person or organisation that pays for those products or services;
- your device ID, device type and information, geo-location information, Internet Protocol (IP) address and standard web log information; and
- content posted or provided by you, including but not limited to content within any messages you send to us (such as feedback and questions to customer support).
- DO WE COLLECT SENSITIVE INFORMATION?
Not usually. Sensitive information is a subset of personal information. It covers things that are generally considered more sensitive than basic personal information. It includes things like health information, political opinions, racial or ethnic origins and sexual preferences.
If we need to collect sensitive information, we will only do so where it is reasonably necessary and we will seek your express written consent in advance unless a relevant exception applies under the Australian Privacy Principles (https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles).
- HOW DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
Usually, we will collect personal information directly from you, when you use our website or use or express interest in one of our products or services. We collect that information when you create an account, send us an application or order request, place an order, contact us for product support, interact with our social media platforms, send us a message, telephone us or send us an email.
However, we may also collect personal information about you from:
- third parties such as our related companies and your representatives;
- people within your organisation or its related entities;
- publicly available sources, including search engines, websites, social media, publicly available data bases, third party sources and referees, personal contacts and industry connections; and
- our own records and from earlier orders or transactions that you have previously made or been involved in.
If you provide information to us about a third party (such as your directors, employees or someone you have business dealings with) you must ensure that you are entitled to disclose that information to us and that you have fully complied with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) in relation to the collection, use or disclosure of that information.
- HOW DO WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will typically use your personal information to provide our products and services to you and for processing and fulfilling orders for goods and any other transactions with you. For example, to:
- communicate with you;
- identify you and to assist you to use our website or any of our relevant goods or services more easily;
- perform customer service or other services requested by you;
- monitor and analyse trends, usage, and activities to improve the quality of our service;
- research and develop our goods and services;
- maintain and develop our business systems and infrastructure, including testing and upgrading of these systems;
- inform you of matters about which we believe you may have an interest;
- notify you of our product and service offerings from time to time;
- keep appropriate records; and
- comply with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- WHEN DO WE DISCLOSE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
In order to provide our services to you, we may need to involve third parties. This could include, for example, our software and other IT suppliers who are involved in the hosting, development or maintenance of our programs and IT systems, office support organisations, delivery companies, third party suppliers and agents. It may also include our related companies, as well as lawyers, accountants and professional advisors to the extent necessary for them to engage with us. These third parties may have access to information needed to perform their functions but cannot use that information for other purposes.
- DO WE SEND INFORMATION OVERSEAS?
We only operate within Australia and will not provide your information to parties in foreign countries.
- DO WE USE ANALYTICS?
We may use tracking and analytics services to track and analyse how visitors use our website via third party facilities which will be subject to their terms and conditions. In addition, we may work with agencies, ad networks, and other advertising companies to place ads for our products on other websites and social media platforms.
- DO WE ENGAGE IN DIRECT MARKETING?
We will never sell, license, trade or provide your information to another party for direct marketing purposes except that you may receive advertising via social media platforms when using our website or related sites on LinkedIn, Instagram or other such platforms.
In common with many other website operators, we may use standard technology called ‘cookies’. Cookies are small pieces of information that are stored by your browser on your computer’s hard drive and they are used to record how you navigate this website on each visit.
Cookies that are used in any part of our website will not be utilised for collecting personally identifiable information and will only be used for internal management purposes.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually change your browser to prevent cookies being stored. Please note, if you do turn cookies off this will limit the service that we are able to provide to you.
- HOW DO WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We will take all reasonable steps to protect the information we hold from misuse, interference and loss, and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. When information is no longer needed we will destroy or de-identify it.
We require our employees to protect the confidentiality of information as required by applicable law and limit access to personal information to our employees and other third parties who have a legitimate need to use it, consistent with the purposes for which it was collected. We also maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards designed to protect information.
- CAN I ACCESS AND CORRECT MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
You may request access to the personal information which we hold about you and request its correction if you believe it to be incorrect. We can also correct your personal information if we are satisfied that it is incorrect.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use and disclose is accurate, up-to-date and complete. Please contact us using the contact details specified below if there is a change in your personal information that requires an update to be made to the data provided by you and or held by us in respect of your use of our services.
There are some circumstances where we can refuse to give access to information. These include where given access to the information would:
- pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of an individual or the public;
- have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others; or
- be frivolous or vexatious.
The other exceptions are detailed the Australian Privacy Principles (https://www.oaic.gov.au/privacy/australian-privacy-principles).
If you wish to access or correct your information, please contact us at the email address shown:
ErgoEquip Pty Ltd
For security reasons, any request for details of personal information held by ErgoEquip should be made in writing. You may be asked to provide proof of identify.
- WHAT IF THERE IS A DATA BREACH?
We take all reasonable steps to prevent data breaches. However, if we suspect that a data breach has occurred, we will undertake a reasonable and expeditious assessment to determine if the data breach is likely to result in serious harm to any individual affected. If so, we will:
- take all reasonable steps to contain the breach;
- where possible, taking action to remediate any risk of harm;
- notify individuals and the Privacy Commissioner where an individual is likely to suffer serious harm (or if otherwise required by law); and
- review the incident and consider what actions can be taken to prevent future breaches.
We will also comply with all of our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) if there is a data breach and we will act in accordance with the mandatory notification provisions of that legislation.
We aim to meet high standards and our policies and procedures are therefore constantly under review. From time to time we may change our security and privacy policies. Accordingly we recommend that you check this page periodically in order to review our current policies, as the changes take effect from when they are published on our website.
- WHAT IF I HAVE A COMPLAINT OR ENQUIRY?
If you would like more information or have a complaint regarding our management of your personal information please contact our Privacy Officer at the email address above.
In the case of a complaint, we will usually request that you put your complaint in writing so that it may be properly considered and investigated by ErgoEquip. The matter will be considered by our Privacy Officer, who will respond within a reasonable time and usually within thirty (30) days.
You will be notified of our decision. If you remain dissatisfied with the outcome, we will also inform you of your right to take this matter to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC).
You have twelve (12) months from the date you became aware of your privacy issue to lodge your complaint with the OAIC. The contact details of the OAIC are:
Office of the Australian Information Commissioner
GPO Box 2999
Telephone: 1300 363 992